"Whom The Moon A Nightsong Sings" is a two-CD collection with a playing time of over 100 minutes that unites all the main players and the most promising newcomers of a nameless genre that is defined by (mostly) acoustic musical settings of nature's sceneries and impressions, or of personal sentiments mirrored in nature.
The fact that nearly all of the songs included here are either exclusive to this project or rare tracks that aren't otherwise available anymore serves to emphasize the extraordinary character of this release.
The enchanting cover artwork courtesy of Fursy Teyssier (Les Discrets) tops off a release that, because of its musical content, is certainly going to remain a unique and unrivalled audio document for a long time.
1. Vàli: Hoestmelankoli
2. Empyrium: The Days Before The Fall
3. Nest: Summer Storm (acoustic)
4. Nebelung: Ich würd es hören
5. October Falls: Viima
6. Ainulindalë: A Year Of Silence
7. Les Discrets: 5 Montee Des Epies
8. Les Discrets: Apres l'Ombre
9. Musk Ox: Solstice
10. Havnatt: Dagen Og Natta
11. Dornenreich: Dem Wind Geboren
12. Vàli: Haredans I Fjellheimen
1. Nhor: Upon The Wind Its Wings Beat Sorrow Into The Stars
2. Ulver: Synen
3. Neun Welten: Pan
4. Tenhi: Kausienranta
5. Bauda: Ocaso (acoustic)
6. Orplid: Stille (Demo)
7. Nucleus Torn: Krähenkönigin III
8. Lönndom: Språnget Ur Ursprunget *
9. Syven: How Fare The Gods? *